TuBerculosis Vaccine Initiative (www.tbvi.eu), a unique product development partnership (PDP) in the field of TB vaccine R&D, is recruiting an early to mid-career dynamic person for the position of “Science Communications Officer”.
Location: Lelystad, The Netherlands / Europe (offsite work possible).
Minimum educational background:
- Advanced Degree in a Health Sciences or Scientific Communication related discipline, preferably in the field of immunology / infectious diseases /vaccines.
- A proven track record in writing scientific articles in the area of Health Sciences (immunology / infectious diseases / vaccines) for target audiences of both policy decision makers and funders as well as the scientific community.
- A proven track record in writing health R&D grant applications and proposals.
- Experience in professional use of latest communication technologies and tools.
- Excellent writing and communication skills across a range of media.
- Experience in giving presentations.
- Experience in working with high profile senior researchers.
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Excellent communication skills using a variety of mediums, such a text , graphics, and audio (for print, online and other outlets).
- A keen interest in health life sciences and scientific discovery.
- Must be able to meet the needs of the audience; both in content and presentation.
- Must have a methodical approach to compiling information.
- Must be very persistent, objective, creative and resourceful.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Confident and dynamic personality.
- Ability to work in a small team with flexibility
Languages: Scientific English at professional level (Native speaker or C2 level) required. Other languages at professional level highly appreciated.
To carry out activities related to TBVI communications, using a variety of communication tools and technologies. These activities include:
- Writing of scientific articles on TB vaccine R&D for various target audiences.
- Writing R&D grant applications.
- Organisation of (scientific) meetings.
- Scientific press releases.
- Internal reports on TB vaccine R&D related news.
- Annual reports.
- Website + twitter + linkedin + e-newsletters (management).
- (Scientific) Powerpoint presentations.
- Contact with scientific community.
- Other activities related to TBVI communications.
Additional information: Preferred starting date 1st of October. Competitive salary. Initial contract for 1 year with intention to convert into permanent contract. The role is available on a full time basis with possibilities to discuss part-time alternatives.
Applications: To apply for this position, please send your CV and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org at the latest on 15th August 2016.