Nick Drager M.D. PhD, is TBVI’s Executive Director. He is the former Director of the Department of Ethics, Equity, Trade and Human Rights and Senior Adviser, Strategy Unit, Office of the Director-General at the World Health Organization. Besides his current position at TBVI he is also Honorary Professor, Global Health Policy, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine; Professor of Practice, Public Policy and Global Health Diplomacy, McGill University; Adjunct Professor, Department of Epidemiology and Community Medicine, University of Ottawa; Adjunct Research Professor, Norman Paterson School of International Affairs, Ottawa; and Senior Fellow, Global Health Programme, The Graduate Institute, Geneva.
- Work focuses on current and emerging global health issues in the areas of global health security/diplomacy/governance, foreign policy and international trade and health including intellectual property and health.
- Extensive experience working with senior officials in over 100 countries and major multilateral and bilateral development agencies in health policy development, health sector analysis, strategic planning and resource mobilization and allocation decisions and in providing strategic advice on health development negotiations and in conflict resolution.
- Deep experience in global health diplomacy and high-level negotiations on international health security and development issues.
- Represented WHO, serves as chair, keynote speaker at major international events and conferences; lectures and teaches at Universities in Europe, North America and Asia.
- Editor/author of books, papers and editorials in the area of global health, global health diplomacy, trade and health including IP, foreign policy and health. Has an M.D. from McGill University and a Ph.D. in Economics from Hautes Etudes Internationales, (the Graduate Institute) University of Geneva.
Phone: +31 320 277550